Monday, December 29, 2008

Homemade Snacks




This unemployment thing is getting boring.


The highlight of my day today was making somewhat healthy snacks - after all, dark chocolate is loaded with anti-oxidants!


Trail mix -
Get some good quality dark chocolate chips (I get all the items at Trader Joe's - break apart the chocolate).
Add dried cranberries. Pecans, almonds or walnuts.
You can also add coconut flakes or use raisins other fruits instead of cranberries but I like it with the pecans, choco and cranberries.

Cranberry Bark - I saw this in the store for $12 a bar so decided to make my own.
Melt milk or dark chocolate. I made it with white chocolate. (you can also combine white/dark). Spread cranberries on baking sheet and pour chocolate over. Put in the fridge for 4-6 hours and you have perfect chocolate fruit clusters. Or use nuts instead.

Choco-peanut butter Pretzels
Cover pretzel rod with peanut butter. (Peanut Butter & Co. brand tastes best and you can use less chocolate if you use their choco flavored pb).
Melt chocolate and dip rods into chocolate. Roll in crushed peanuts and refridgerate a couple hours.




No comments:

Post a Comment